L2 Signature Preamplifier
Likely the world’s first example of extreme performance derived from absolute circuit reductionism, the L2 Signature Preamplifier brings an unmatched listening experience. We configure only one pair of the finest sounding 4-pin, directly heated triodes (DHT) in a dual-mono, class-A topology with zero feedback. Absolutely no compromises in bandwidth, phase, speed and directness, and no distracting effects of driver tubes, coupling caps or output transformers equates to reproduction of music with intense spaciousness, harmonic sophistication, liquidity and detail that surpasses small triodes and transistors alike.
Vinnie Rossi also included various degrees of flexibility into his statement design. Numerous DHT tube families are compatible with the flick of a switch, and the tubes can be easily bypassed and substituted with a purist JFET buffer stage for a change of mood or to assess the precise contributions of a particular pair of tubes against a bypass. Perhaps most enticing are the optional L2 Dac and Phonostage add-on modules, each fed from independent, super-regulated power feeds. If you crave the incomparable sound of big, direct-heated triodes without limitations, we invite you to experience the incredible sense of realism and effortless musical connection that the L2 Signature Preamplifier delivers.
Each unit is meticulously hand-built and tested by Vinnie Rossi himself. Its no-compromise construction with integral resonance control and use of the highest-quality components assure that the listener will enjoy superior performance for many years.
L2 Signature Preamplifier Features
- Vinnie Rossi’s latest Class-A, ultra wide bandwidth directly heated triode (DHT) preamplifier design, compatible with: 2A3, 45, 300B, PX4, 101D, 205D, and SV811 DHT families with one-switch filament voltage selection.
- Dual shielded power supplies with in-rush current limiting.
- Dual-mono layout using multiple patented Belleson super regulators for ultra-quiet linear voltage regulation of the L&R triode B+, L&R triode filaments, and power to the (optional) L2 DAC and L2 Phonostage modules.
- Discrete, 64-step resistor ladder volume control using Pickering England silent signal relays.
- True active balanced (XLR) and single-ended (RCA) inputs and outputs.
- Dual 12V Trigger output jacks with on/off control switch on front panel.
- Internal, “DHT bypass mode” switches (Replaces DHT stage with a Class A JFET stage).
- Internal front panel display & LED brightness controls.
- Yamamoto solid Teflon UX-4 tube sockets.
- Solid, precision CNC machined aluminum chassis and “bank vault,” ball bearing control knobs.
- Solid, precision CNC machined aluminum ‘L2 isolation Base’ with Stillpoints ULTRA MINI feet.
- Mesh tube covers for added noise shielding and tube protection, with matching mesh ventilation on top panel.
- Included tubes: EH300B Gold-Grid (matched pair).
- Full-function aluminum remote control handset.
- Designed and manufactured in the USA.
- 10-year warranty.
- Includes custom, military-grade hard travel case.